Thursday, February 23, 2006

waiting prayer

From time to time, as the mood takes, I thought I might put some of my own poetry on this blog. Today, as an antidote of sorts to mega-church hype, I post this:
WAITING PRAYER

In stillness I await
The working of Your will;
My emptiness infill,
My path illuminate!

Direct my faltering feet
And show them where to tread;
So shall I step ahead,
Nor fall in stark defeat.

Indwell me with Your love,
Real love that bears all things:
A heart whose wounds are wings
Empowered from above.

And give me eyes to see
Yourself in everything,
And honour You, my King,
In life’s entirety.

Let this poor life of mine
Thus glorify Your name,
And your great grace proclaim,
And in the darkness shine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very thoughtful and thought-provoking poem, Lynne. Thank you for sharing it.