Friday, June 02, 2006

Communion thought

Something to ponder: I just read something that's worth thinking about, that when, in communion I receive and partake of Christ (which I believe I do spiritually, not physically) then I am also receiving everyone who is in Christ, since how can I partake of the Head and reeject the members of His body? All our divisions and arguments are silenced at that point, if you are willing to receive Him then I must receive you, it is the Lord's table and not the possession of any man or group of men. If he has accepted us, welcomed us to the feast in all our tattered bewilderment, then we must rejoice in one another's presence there, for his sake until we can learn to do it for our own. there is only one requirement to eat at that table, we must be hungry for Jesus.

No comments: